We offer a one-stop gynaecological consultation service six days a week to ensure ease and comfort for our patients, as well as reduce anxiety levels. In practice, this means that a patient will undergo a consultation, blood tests, ultrasound and colposcopic examination (if required) all in one sitting, done by the same consultant. This will give the gynaecologist all the information needed to manage the patient there and then. Not only does the ‘one-stop clinic’ environment streamline the patient’s care and prevent treatment delays, but it allows us to seamlessly fit into the patient’s busy schedule.
Surgical management includes a wide variety of surgical procedures tailored for the specific pathology, both cancerous and non-cancerous. Overall, operations are done using standard techniques using a range of approaches: open, keyhole (laparoscopic), vaginal, hysteroscopic and vulval. In addition, some of our operations are performed under ultrasound guidance, a novel accurate method of ensuring that all of the pathology is removed. It is also worth highlighting that we specifically aim for a fertility preserving approach in our younger patients, whereby we strive to remove the pathology and at the same, protect the patient’s fertility potential.
We also cover the diagnosis and surgical and non-surgical management within the following areas of gynaecology:
• Diagnostic ultrasound
• Cancer (cervical, endometrial, ovarian, vulval)
• Cervical screening and colposcopy
• Ovarian masses
• Fibroids, endometriosis, adenomyosis
• Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
• Menopause and postmenopausal bleeding
• Pelvic pain (acute and chronic)
• Early pregnancy (miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy)
• Recurrent miscarriage
• Paediatric and Adolescent gynaecology
• Sports gynaecology
• General care - Menstrual cycle dysfunction, painful periods, irregular periods, heavy periods